Sense is building consumer hardware and mobile/web applications to help people understand their home energy consumption, see what's going on in their homes, and ultimately reduce their energy footprint. We're serious about having a real impact on climate change.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to help us expand our engineering team to meet the demands of our growing user base and partner ecosystem. In this role, you will be be responsible for keeping your team of engineers engaged, happy, and productive, providing regular feedback and coaching, nurturing career growth, cultivating excellence through technical mentorship, and identifying and removing obstacles. You will help drive hiring of great candidates as the team grows. You will collaborate closely with your team and business stakeholders within Sense to determine priorities; improve processes; communicate status, risks, and tradeoffs; and generally help ensure that the engineering team is efficiently delivering quality releases that are aligned with business goals. You will also serve as technical advisor to the team, monitoring technical debt and driving infrastructure investments as necessary. This role reports to the VP of Engineering.
Sense is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Sense’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and strive to create a low-drama, pleasant and supportive place to work.
- Strong communicator with good EQ.
- Previous experience as an engineering manager.
- Professional experience as a software engineer.
- Experience managing remote team members is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
- Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed consumer startup. (We've been named "Clean Tech Company of the Year" by the New England Venture Capital Association and "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" by VentureBeat.)
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Flexible hours.
- A great office in Central Square right by the Red Line.