Front End Software Engineer - Marketing
Sense is building hardware and mobile applications to help people analyze their home energy consumption, see what is going on in their homes, and ultimately reduce their energy footprint. We are looking for a creative and talented front-end developer to help bring life and functionality to our website and other digital marketing efforts.
In this role, you will create, develop, test and maintain visual assets across all digital platforms (web, email campaigns, landing pages, etc). You will ensure these solutions are responsive and performant across browsers, as well as optimized for SEO, performance, and usability. You will also be responsible for applying and ensuring brand continuity across all projects.
If you're passionate about web development and have the skills to to create a delightful and attractive digital presence for Sense, you may be the person we're looking for.
- 2+ years of web development experience
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Proficient at cross-browser testing and debugging
- Experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience optimizing sites for SEO and performance
Nice to have's:
- Familiarity with contemporary web tools (ES6+, Gulp/Webpack, Sass/Less/Stylus)
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems (eg Wordpress)
- Familiarity with marketing integrations such as Shopify, Hubspot, and Salesforce
- Experience with deployment on AWS (CloudFront, S3, etc)
- Familiarity with data visualization and D3
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world
- Great opportunity to gain experience at an early-stage startup, building a consumer product from the ground up
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved
- Excellent benefits including flexible work hours, parental leave, and generous medical/dental/vision plans
- Competitive compensation and a brand new office right on the Red Line in Central Square