Digital Marketing Operations Analyst
Sense is building hardware and a mobile app to help people analyze their home energy consumption, see what is going on in their homes, and ultimately reduce their energy footprint. Founded in 2013 and located in the heart of Central Square, we are backed by top tier venture investors. This is a great opportunity to work with a team of experienced entrepreneurs creating technology that will really make a difference in the world. The Digital Marketing Operations Analyst will be responsible for designing and directing experiments to optimize our customer acquisition and engagement efforts. This role requires an individual with a strong ability to communicate and collaborate across functional teams, knowledge of digital marketing channels and related in-platform analytics, and outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills.
Institutionalize a data-driven testing approach for digital marketing — generating hypotheses, running experiments, developing robust process for A/B testing and sharing outcomes/insights with the business.
Perform deep-dive statistical analyses on large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets to answer targeted questions, such as marketing mix spend allocation recommendations and multi-channel attribution weighting.
Define and conduct experiments and analyses that will help inform the attribution model and resource allocation decisions.
Identify and implement marketing tools and dashboards, and technology requirements to develop digital analytics capability.
Research and develop new algorithms/methods for targeting customers and improving marketing performance.
- Advanced degree (MS, Ph.D.) in quantitative fields, and at least 3 years of full-time work experience with a range of techniques, tools, and methods related to data mining and statistical analysis.
- Experience building the marketing technology infrastructure – database and reporting infrastructure– to inform analytics and decision-making
- Hands-on experience with SQL and Microsoft Access, and working knowledge of database design.
- Reporting tools – experience building and maintaining marketing reports. Hands-on experience with Excel VBA and business intelligence tool (Tableau or QlikView).
- Deep facility and experience with Google and Facebook advertising manager platforms and related analytics, as well as SEO and SMO analytical strategies.
- Strong understanding of marketing; deep experience in using analytical tools and interpreting data to drive decisions and behavior to inform marketing performance.
- Hands-on experience using a variety of analytical methods including classification/regression, cluster analysis, time series, decision tree, ANOVA and t-test.
- Experience with experimental design concepts, A/B testing approach, A/B test experimental design.
- Strong ability with following statistical languages -- SAS, Java and R.
- Experience with digital marketing, marketing channels, ad serving platforms, optimization approaches and web analytics.
- Hands on experience with either Facebook Ads or Google Ads
- Experience with CRM required, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics or Mailchimp.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; capable of simplifying abstract business issues and large amounts of data into action.
- Thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world.
- Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed consumer startup. (We've been named "Clean Tech Company of the Year" by the New England Venture Capital Association and "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" by VentureBeat.)
- Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating revolutionary technology.
- A wide range of difficult and interesting problems to be solved.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Flexible hours.
- A great office in Central Square right by the Red Line.